Full of sass and armed with a string of one-liners, John McCain’s running mate Alaska Governor Sarah Palin gave a surprisingly impressive speech at the Republican National Convention–that was actually entertaining in its outrageousness!
Blindie counts down the Top Five most cringe-worthy quotes from her big moment under the Republican sun:
1. Comparing her experience to Barack Obama, Palin says, “I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.”
2. Palin compares Obama and McCain: “In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change.”
3. Of McCain, she urges, “Take the maverick out of the Senate. Put him in the White House.”
4. Getting tough on Obama, Palin says, “It’s easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform–not even in the state Senate!”
5. Further attacking Obama: “The American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of ‘personal discovery.'”
PHOTO: APRead More