Our Vanessa Williams may not have won her much-deserved Emmy, but Queen of TV Oprah Winfrey opened the show! Here are Blindie’s Top 10 moments from the 60th Annual Emmy Awards:
1. During their opening, cohost Howie Mandel comments on their lack of material: “We are on Sarah Palin’s bridge to nowhere.”
2. Heidi Klum joining the boys club in her tuxedo. “I thought you would be wearing a lot less,” Tom Bergeron says to Klum before assisting her (with William Shatner!) in stripping Heidi down to some glittered hot shorts.
3. “Dude, Howie wouldn’t even shake my hand!” Klum says, referencing Mandel’s OCD.
4. “How dare you! I’ve gained weight for a role,” Amy Poehler tells Tina Fey who asks her when she’s due to give birth.
5. “What if I just kept talking for 12 minutes…That was the opening!” Emmy winner Jeremy Piven says during his acceptance speech of the hosts’ lackluster opening. It drew an overwhelming applause from the audience.
6. “I was thinking about telling a joke, but Katherine Heigl told me she didn’t think my work was Emmy-worthy,” Conan O’Brien deadpans while presenting referencing the Grey’s Anatomy stars decision to withdraw her name from the Emmys race due to not getting work she felt was Emmy-worthy.
7. Josh Groban singing The Jeffersons theme song and rapping The Fresh Prince theme song complete with his take on the robot! We hope he got paid tons of money to play a lounge singer.
8. Lauren Conrad channeling her inner DIVA when she told Bones actor David Boreanaz that he was saying her line. The MTV star wanted to make sure she presented Tina Fey with her Emmy win.
9. Stephen Colbert compares Senator John McCain to a wrinkled prune!
10. The amazing Kathy Griffin demanding A-Listers to get out of their seats and stand for comedic legend Don Rickles. She then compares their hot pairing to that of McCain & Sarah Palin.
PHOTOS: ReutersRead More