The frenzy of Fashion Week may be over in New York but it was just getting started on Gossip Girl. Secrets were revealed, backs were stabbed, and socialites sparkled. Just another day in the life of an Upper East Sider!
Here are Blindie’s highlights and lowlights:
- Jenny ditches her high-priced prep school to work full time at Eleanor Waldorf’s atelier and attend Fashion Week.
- Goody Two-Shoe Dan Humphrey seeks out bad boy Chuck Bass to help him venture out of his comfort zone and write a good story, which prompts Chuck to ask, “Are you gay?”
- Chuck pulls Dan over to the dark side by plying him with alcohol then pressuring him to take a pill and go “down the rabbit hole” by chiding “either you’re in for the full ride or you’re out.”
- Dan gets into a bar fight when he sticks up for Chuck, landing them both in jail!
- Chuck shows us his vulnerable side as he pitifully tries to get quality time with his father and then reveals to Dan that his mother died giving birth to him. Of course Chuck later retracts the heart-wrenching story and puts Dan on warning for belying his confidence.
- Bart Bass has a police file on his new wife, which includes her college letters. Geez, is that how the Bass men express their love?
- Blair is in full sabotage mode as she rats out Jenny to her dad, rearranges the seating chart for her mother’s fashion show putting Serena in the back row, sends the all of the models home and then switches dresses on Serena -all in an effort to humiliate Jenny.
- Dan asks Chuck “How do you know so many twins?” And Chuck answers “twins find me.” We never get tired of dialogue like that!
- After Serena’s new friend, Peggy Lifton, advises her to stop hiding her light and being less sparkly just to spare Blair’s feelings, Serena stomps it out on the runway and works it for the paparazzi!
- Blair shows a glimmer of kindness as she sticks up for Jenny when Eleanor Waldorf finds out Serena walked the catwalk in the wrong dress. Is Blair finally starting to realize that Jenny is more like her than she wanted to admit and probably her only friend right now.
- Jenny not only ignores her father’s call on her cell, but she denies him entry to the fashion show! Looks like it’s time for Rufus to stop paying those school fees and send someone to public school. Good thing Jenny is planning to drop out of school anyways.
- And where is Chace Crawford as sulky Nate and Jessica Szohr as ambiguously ethnic Vanessa?! We were so into their unrequited love story!