Bart Bass is dead and when the wealthy die the skeletons come out of the closet -and apparently so does Eric’s boyfriend.
Lily’s big secret is finally revealed as Chuck Bass’ (Ed Westwick) emotions get exposed and Blair (Leighton Meester) gets all maternal, or maybe just a bit Jewish.
Here are Blindie’s top ten OMG moments:
- The episode title “O Brother, Where Bart Thou?” is so painfully bad. What is this The Simpsons?
- Eric van der Woodsen points out that grandmother Cece had gin her teacup -at breakfast no less! And Eric’s boyfriend Jonathan finally surfaces, for like a minute, and then that storyline goes nowhere.
- A drunk Chuck stumbles to his father’s funeral and tells off Dan Humphrey and Lilly Van der Woodsen for killing his father.
- Nate calles Blair maternal and she denies it claiming, “I’m not maternal, I’ve just been spending too much time with Cyrus and I’m turning Jewish.”
- Always one to find a way to get exposure and publicity, Jenny offers to make amends to Eleanor Waldorf by making her wedding dress -something circa Mick and Bianca 1971.
- Blair tells Chuck she would stand by him no matter what, and when she declares her love for him he coldly says “that’s too bad.” Blair sobs to her soon-to-be stepfather, “only a masochist could love a narcissist.”
- Lilly finally declares ” I love Rufus” but of course they still can’t be together. We’re not clear why though -is it because she had an abortion years ago in a hospital in France or did she give birth to their lovechild and put it up for adoption?
- Serena Van der Woodsen is going to Buenos Aires with Aaron Rose for the holiday to finally seal the deal and sleep with him and Dan is wishing he asked her not to go.
- Why don’t the Humphreys just move to the city already? They spend all their time chasing after the Waldorfs and the van der Woodsens in Manhattan anyway.
- Broken and lonely Chuck finally falls into Blair’s loving embrace, then disappears in the morning. We live for unrequited love!
PHOTO CREDIT: Giovanni Rufino / The CW