Raven-Symoné Christina Pearman just might the GOAT of child actors.
The Disney actress has, so far, successfully navigated the pitfalls of Hollywood – alcohol, drugs, lecherous producers, bad press, and even come out as gay and married a woman all while maintaining a career as a Disney star.
Here are 5 reasons why you should put your hands together for Raven-Symoné:
- Raven survived being roommates with the ultimate party girl of the early 2000s, Lindsay Lohan! In 2008 Raven said this to Us Weekly about the apartment share with LiLo, “She paid rent, and she was there probably three times.” They were both Disney teen stars at the time but only one of them was up in the clubs all the time and snapped by paparazzi on the regular. Symoné told Oprah Winfrey in 2014, “It’s unnecessary to go to the most popular restaurant in the world…and then get mad that someone’s gonna take a picture of you….That’s your fault, Boo-Boo. Stay in the house.”
- Raven is stacking coins! When the “Raven’s Home“ star recently said in an Instagram interview “I haven’t touched my ‘Cosby’ money,” we all quickly realized that Raven not only banked all her child star earnings but her parents hadn’t spent it either. Good parenting and dollar sense go a long way.
- Raven is a Disney star and did the most un-Disney thing ever and married a woman. While Raven did hide her sexuality for years admitting to Variety “while it was a selfish thing for me to keep my secret to myself for as long as I did, I am very happy that I’m out, if only to help someone else feel comfortable.” She also never pretended to be in a relationship with a guy in the press or allowed herself to be stereotypically sexualized into a boy-crazy teen girl.
- Raven-Symone is a one name celebrity. Bet you thought Symone was her last name, but nope, her full name is Raven-Symoné Christina Pearman. That’s Madonna boss-lady territory right there.
- Raven tried to reunite the Cheetah Girls. The Cheetah Girls y’all! The Black girls “Babysitters Club,” and the first multi-ethnic girl music group to come out of the Disney!