In the latest episode of 90210, titled “Hello, Goodbye, Amen,” Annie (Shenae Grimes) snoops on her long-lost brother Sean (Josh Henderson); Brenda (Shannen Doherty) and Kelly (Jennie Garth) support Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) with her life-changing news; and Dixon (Tristan Wilds) gets closer to Christina (Lauren London) behind Silver’s (Jessica Stroup) back!
Here are Tuesday’s Top Ten moments:
1. Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) bonds with half-brother Sean (Josh Henderson), surfing with him, taking facebook pics with him and nicknaming him “Seannie”…all to make Annie jealous!
2. West Beverly High’s got a black teacher played by MADtv alum Debra Wilson (famous for parodying Whitney Houston!)
3. Cheerleader Christina (Lauren London) befriends Dixon, giving him mixtapes and schooling him on Sam Cooke’s gossip roots. She even calls him “D” in front of Silver (Jessica Stroup) before showing up to the Peach Pit and inviting him to her dad’s music industry BBQ.
4. Brenda (Shannen Doherty) can’t have babies, while Adrianna (and her HIV scare) is pregnant at 16–just like Bristol Palin & Jamie Lynn Spears!
5. Alleged half-brother Sean (Josh Henderson) is hard for money, faking his identity in the posh zip code for some dough. Harry (Rob Estes) asks him to take a paternity test, and he eventually skips town with Naomi’s mom’s money!
6. “Believe me when the topic is money, liquor always helps!” says Grams Wilson (Jessica Walter), who wants to return to her passion of acting so she can canoodle with her costars!
7. Brenda and Kelly (Jennie Garth) are still fighting in the NEW millenium over boys…Grow up, ladies! You’re nearly 40!
8. Is Navid (Micheal Steger) Adrianna’s baby daddy? He did lose his virginity to the recovering addict whom he financed through rehab!
9. Christina turns out to be bisexual and totally not into Dixon! But Dixon likes spending time with her to connect with his black roots—and even sings “Amazing Grace” at the gossip BBQ.
10. This one episode of 90210 had more black people in it than the entire series run of MTV’s The Hills and Sex and the City combined!Read More
Reprogram your TiVo or DVR because there are a few new television shows—and some returning faves—that you can’t dare to miss!
Here is Blindie’s shortlist of our most anticipated TV shows of 2009:
True Beauty: It’s America’s Next Top Model meets Punk’D as reality show powerhouses Tyra Banks and Ashton Kutcher team up to trick a bevy of pretty guys and gals into proving they posess inner beauty for a prize of $100,000 and a spot in People magazine’s 100 Most Beautiful issue. we can’t wait to see if Ms. Banks will strike gold with another reality beauty pageant. Vanessa Minnillo, Nolé Marin and 1970s supermodel Cheryl Tiegs star as judges. Premieres January 5, on ABC.
Summer Heights High season 2: The hilarious mockumentary set at an Australian high school has filled the void left behind after BBC America’s Little Britain was cancelled. We just can’t get enough of super-talented Chris Lilley in the roles of the self-absorbed private school exchange student Ja’mie, the hyper-active problem child Jonah, and he effeminate and sometimes inappropriate performing arts teacher Mr. G. HBO hasn’t announced Season 2 yet, but our fingers are crossed!
Daddy’s Girls: The multi-talented daughters of rap legend Run DMC’s Russell Simmons, Angela and Vanessa Simmons, are moving out of daddy Run’s House and trying to make it on their own in L.A. Along for the reality ride is their cousin Jessica, and their friend and aspiring singer Alycia. We hope Girls will offer some much-needed positive television role models for young black girls everywhere. Premieres January 5, on MTV.
90210: The CW (aka 90s spinoff machine..yes Melrose Place is next!) is bringing new episodes back in January and we can’t wait to see who Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) ends up with, what’s the real deal with Anne-Dixon-Naomi’s new brother (Josh Henderson), and if Annie (Shenae Grimes) will lose her virginity to Ethan (Dustin Milligan).
Gossip Girl : Of course we can’t wait for new episodes of The CW’s GG! Will Chuck (Ed Westwick) find his way back into Blair’s (Leighton Meester) loving embrace? Will Jenny (Taylor Momsen) steal Nate (Chace Crawford) away from backstabbing Vanessa (Jessica Szohr)? Will Serena (Blake Lively) and Dan (Penn Badgley) finally admit they’re still in love?Read More
In the latest episode of 90210, titled “That Which We Destroy,” half-brother Sean (Josh Henderson) makes a splash on the Wilson household; Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) & Annie (Shenae Grimes) feud over Ethan; and Dixon (Tristan Wilds) deals with pangs of jealousy over Harry’s “real son.”
Here are Tuesday’s Top Ten moments:
1. “Roman coins would roll with envy…what a profile!” Grams Wilson (Jessica Walter) says of hunky half-brother Sean’s looks, before saying that she feels old with her new grand-addition.
2. Naomi’s mom Tracy Clark urges her recently found son to call her “Mom!” upon their first meeting. “Oh, that’s his mother’s money, not his!” Tracy says of Sean’s reaction to Harry’s digs.
3. Ethan (Dustin Milligan) and Annie go public! “Annie, we’re together, so together, like siamese twins,” Ethan says.
4. Ozzie’s (Michael Trevino) back…and we’re LOVING it. Naomi is finally moving on and we couldn’t think of a hotter stud!
5. Naomi & Annie are called into guidance counselor Kelly’s office to talk about their new half-brother. “Annie’s a whore, who went out with my boyfriend behind my back when I asked her not to,” Naomi says of her feelings towards Annie.
6. “Ladies, I don’t want you to waste your lives fighting over guys,” Kelly advises Annie & Naomi of the importance of girlfriends, right before hearing that Brenda slept with hot lit teacher Ryan. De ja vous, anyone (revisit the Brenda-Dylan-Kelly triangle from the 90s!). “It’s not like we’re in high school anymore,” Brenda tells Kelly.
7. Annie calls out Naomi’s UGGs in the cafe, where Naomi sits with a demanding group of upperclassmen, who request that she program their SideKick & get them iced coffees in the AM (Naomi’s housekeeper Penelope ends up delivering those drinks!)
8. Dixon gets jealous over Harry (Rob Estes) teaching his “real son” Sean to play lacrosse, while Silver (Jessica Stroup) notices lacrosse cheerleader Christina’s (Lauren London) rah-rah over Dixon. “You’re the first brotha to play varsity lacrosse at West Beverly,” the smitten hottie from the block tells Dixon. “You’re our own little Jackie Robinson.”
9. “Oh, the virgin’s getting vicious. Aw, it’s clear trying to be is giving you a nervous breakdown!” Naomi says of Annie’s outburst…”Enjoy my sloppy seconds!” she yells after Annie runs to her ex Ethan.
10. Naomi shows up at the lacrosse game with a midriff-baring West Bev Wildcats jersey, before Ozzie plants a wet one on Naomi. He then dares her to kiss the mascot Walter the Wildcat, who turns out to be Annie!
BONUS: OMG! Half-brother Sean is up to no good…at the end of the episode he makes a sketchy phone call that eludes to his scheming!Read More
In the latest episode of 90210, titled “Games People Play,” Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) plots to get back at Annie (Shenae Grimes) for hooking up with Ethan (Dustin Milligan); the news of Ryan’s (Ryan Eggold) canoodling with undercover student Kimberly (Jessica Lucas) reaches Kelly (Jennie Garth); and druggie drama queen Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) meets Navid’s (Michael Steger) family–and his virginity.
Here are Tuesday’s Top Ten moments:
1. West Beverly High is buzzing over hot lit teacher Ryan’s hookup with undercover student Kimberly via a mass text a la Gossip Girl.
2. Kelly’s back from her visit with her baby daddy Dylan, whom Kelly says still has “commitment issues.”
3. Navid follows Ryan’s exodus from West Beverly a la TMZ paparazzo style, while Kelly confronts her ex-beau about his philandering with a supposed student. “I have to go blog about Professor Pervert!” Silver says of the scandal.
4. “How do you know Naomi didn’t see [me kissing Ethan]?” Annie asks Silver, who responds, “Because you’re still alive!”
5. Naomi pulls out the dramatics (complete with tears!) while planting her seeds to sabotage Annie with guilt for having a secret relationship with her hunky ex: “I’ve got my own games to play!”
6. “That’s kinda cute in a Hannah Montana sort of way!” Naomi tells Annie of a dress she tries on during their shopping trip on Robertson Blvd.
7. “You can crush mint on those abs!” Grams Wilson (Jessica Walter) says of the wet return of Annie’s Kansas boyfriend Jason on Naomi’s accord! “I was hoping to meet Lauren Conrad. Are these the right hills?” he quips.
8. Druggie drama queen Adrianna pops up at Navid’s HUGE mansion and meets his entire family. “She’s pretty Navid! Way too pretty for you,” his little sister comments.
9. Grams Wilson opens the karaoke festivities at Annie’s Sweet 16 with Pat Benatar’s “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”!
10. Naomi gets the ultimate payback by hooking up with Annie’s ex in her BEDROOM! “You backstabbing duplicitous bitch!” Naomi screams at Annie.
OMG ALERT: Josh Henderson (Paris Hilton & Ashlee Simpson’s actor ex) enters 90210 as Harry’s illegitimate child with Naomi’s mom!Read More
After a couple of weeks away, a new episode of 90210 has finally arrived!
Annie (Shenae Grimes) hits the homecoming dance with unofficial date Ethan (Dustin Milligan), druggie queen Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) checks into rehab with Navid (Michael Steger) fronting the bill; and hot lit teacher Ryan (Ryan Eggold) discovers that Kimberly (Jessica Lucas) is an undercover cop–and kisses her!
Here are Tuesday’s Top Ten moments
1. “It’s like a big popularity contest set to music,” Silver says of her perception of high school homecoming dances before fighting through the pain of her wisdom teeth’s removal to go to the dance with Dixon.
2. The amazingly fantastic chemistry between the hot lit teacher and new girl on the block, Kimberly–and the incredibly forced chemistry between Navid and druggie drama queen Adrianna.
3. Ethan and Annie’s bootleg arrangement for the homecoming dance.
4. Druggie drama queen Adrianna pulls an Amy Winehouse when she reluctantly checks into rehab…”No, No, No!”
5. Ethan and Navid get substantial screen time with actual dialogue!
6. After Naomi barks back in Spanish to the hot Latino bad boy in detention, hot boy asks, “Mexican Nanny?” She deadpans, “Honduran!” “A pasty white girl who speaks Spanish fluently, that’s sexy!” he says.
7. “I hate thongs! It feels like someone sticking a thumb up your ass!” one of Naomi’s gal pals reveals.
8. Naomi gives Annie a makeover for the prom, including lending her designer shoes to her, and Annie pays her back by dancing with her ex!
9. Grams Wilson is back, sipping “Kool-Aid” and urging Debbie to confront her husband’s baby mama! “I will hit you in the face so hard, I will knock your teeth out,” Debbie finally tells the baby mama.
10. “He’s a smart ass,” Naomi says of the new hot Latino boy. “With a hot ass!” Annie completes. Naomi then goes and dances with her detention buddy at the dance to Ne-Yo’s “Closer!”
BONUS: Little Jackie performs at West Beverly High’s homecoming dance…loves it!Read More
Three weeks ago, Jessica Lucas made her sassy debut on The CW’s remake of 90210, where not only did she trade witty banter with the hot lit teacher, but she revealed herself as an undercover cop–and another dose of ethnic ambiguity on primetime TV.
Lucas, who is best known for running around New York in that nauseous hit Cloverfield, is reportedly half Pakistani and half black. But like Gossip Girl‘s Jessica Szohr who came before her, there’s no mention of her background on the show, where she plays new transfer student-drug agent Kimberly MacIntyre.
While the 23-year-old’s resume boasts the best credits a scream queen can have, Blindie hopes this hot dash of sass will stick around West Beverly High–hopefully exploring the undeniable chemistry she has with Ryan Eggold (aka: the Hot Lit Teacher).Read More