Blindie is not only over the racial shenanigans of Rachel Dolezal, #ByeRachel, the transition of Bruce Jenner into Caitlyn and that damn racist Confederate flag, we’re also WAY over the media hype of it all. First of all, Rachel Dolezal
Lupita Nyong’o leaving Moonshadows’ Blue Lounge in Malibu, CA
Zoe Saldana, one of Blindie’s fave actresses, has given birth to twins. The 36-year-old and her husband Marco Perego, 35, welcomed their bundles of joy a couple of days ago a source tells us.
And the population of beautiful people grows.
Jesse Williams talks to CNN about the shooting of 18 year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson Missouri on Sunday. Here are a few excerpts from his on the situation:
“I think we have to talk about the narrative and make sure we’re starting at the beginning. You will find that people doing the oppressing often want to start the narrative at a convenient point,” Williams said. “This started with a kid getting shot and killed and left in the street for four hours. I’ve never seen a white body left in the heat for four hours in the sweltering heat.
“I know plenty of white kids that steal stuff from convenience stores,” Williams continued in response to allegations that Brown stole cigars moments before his murder by law enforcement. “There is this idea that every time a black person does something they automatically become a thug worthy of their own death.”
“The rest of us are not treated like human beings. Period,” the actor said. “That needs to be discussed. That is the story.”
Ok so, the thriller “Cabin in the Woods” hasn’t been released yet, and we weren’t even the lucky ones that saw it at South by Southwest, but we just know that we’re gonna love it. Here are our top 5 reasons:
1. Blue-eyed beauty Jesse Williams! We went ga ga for him in “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2” and stalked him at the NYC launch of Lucky Strike. He can lure us into a cabin in the woods, anytime.
2. Sexy Brian White : We’ve followed him since his early days on the “Moesha” show to his most recent series “Men of a Certain Age.” Let’s just hope they don’t kill him off early in the film.
3. Aussie stud Chris Hemsworth : Who doesn’t love Thor…in the woods?
4. Screenwriter Joss Whedon : He also wrote “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel.” Need we say more?
5. Wired magazine describes the film as an R-rated metanarrative comedy about the science of horror movies. A little geeky sounding, but intriguing.
“Cabin” opens in theaters on April 13.
The ever-colorful and provocative photographer David LaChapelle debuts his photographic series “The Rape of Africa” at the David DeSanctis Gallery in Los Angeles and makes a bold political statement.
LaChapelle reinvents classic Botticelli’s 1484 Venus and Mars painting with Naomi Campbell as Venus and allegorical images representing the rape and pillage of Africa’s people and land.
Blindie is loving LaChapelle’s social series that makes offers much needed social commentary on the state of affairs in Africa. We’re also loving Naomi Campbell in the series!
Not to be outdone by Madonna’s shirtless, half-her-age boy toy Jesus Luz, Lourdes makes her video cameo a memorable three seconds -yes, three whole seconds! – as she does a back-flip breakdance move.
Blindie wonders why Lourdes only got three seconds. Was someone afraid of a little upstaging?
Fast forward to the 3:15 mark to catch Lola in action!