Gimme Five: Things The Slumdog Millionaire Kids Should Do Instead Of Going Back To India
Now that those adorable kids from Slumdog Millionaire have gotten a chance to attend the Academy Awards and even Disneyland, it’s time they start thinking about their next career move -after all they’re not the ones who get to take home those eight Oscars!
Blindie has five suggestions for Hollywood’s new “it kids” -Tanay Hermant Chheda, Tanvi Ganesh Lonkar, Ashutosh Lobo Gajiwalan, Rubiana Ali, Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail Sheik and Ayush Mahesh Khedekar -and it doesn’t include returning to the slums of India:
- Form a band. They could be the Indian version of the Naked Brothers Band or a Desi Jackson Five -plus one!
- Star in their own Nickelodeon sitcom. Come on, six little Indian kids speaking broken English is sure to get some laughs. Throw in Ryan Seacrest as their wise-cracking adoptive dad and now you’re talking Emmy!
- Star in a big budget Hollywood film. Call up Robert Rodriguez, we’ve found the next Spy Kids! And they could probably do their own stunts.
- Start their own fashion line. Considering most of America’s retail clothing is manufactured overseas, most likely with Slumdog-like child labor, the kids mind as well be in charge of their own label.
- Work at Disneyland. We heard the kids had a blast at Mickey’s hometown and since they did so well entertaining on the streets of Mumbai, so they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser in the It’s a Small World ride.
PHOTO CREDIT: AP