Warning: Use of undefined constant the_content - assumed 'the_content' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/blindie.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/like-this-post/ltp-view-like.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/customer/www/blindie.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/like-this-post/ltp-view-like.php:33) in /home/customer/www/blindie.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/trafficanalyzer/class-TrafficAnalyzer.php on line 16
Vanilla Label Banana Republic Debuts Interracial Couple in New Ad Campaign – BLINDIE.COM

Not many mainstream companies feature interracial couples, specifically those involving black women and white men.

In its latest ad campaign, Banana Republic, best known for promoting a WASPy image, features Somalian beauty Yasmin Warsame and a white male model canoodling in a snowy Central Park.

Blindie’s all about promoting love and we’re going ga ga over these stylistic winter wonderland ads.

Vanilla Label Banana Republic Debuts Interracial Couple in New Ad Campaign

22 thoughts on “Vanilla Label Banana Republic Debuts Interracial Couple in New Ad Campaign

• January 17, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

• November 28, 2010 at 12:13 am

It’s not everyday that you see caucasian men with Black Women esp in advertisments..but when you see it..it’s a beautiful thing isn’t it??

• Pingback:dating with pure passion

• October 21, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Loving your post. I think you should post more often, you clearly have talent for blogging!

• September 7, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I love it I love it I love it!!!! I am a wm who dates bw and it’s so nice to see things like this!!!!!!!!!!

• August 1, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Thats Somali beauty right there who opened the market for black models (first been Iman). Even though we are largely Islamic and conservative nation, the few that dont practice our cultures and ways still make it to the world cat walks imagine with more girls showing?

We are just blessed with black honeys, tall and dangerous.

• May 2, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Thanks for taking the top out to write this good article.

• February 6, 2010 at 6:27 am

I agree with Da’Shea Askew, Interracial dating is beautiful and these people look so great together…but yes, a black man and white woman is more shown in ad campaigns and media than vice versa…

• January 21, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Love it! White men and Black women together is not an image that is commonly depicted in clothing adds. Especially for stores like Banana Republic, this is a new and exciting thing to see.

• December 10, 2009 at 12:07 am

Interracial Dating is beautiful

• December 4, 2009 at 5:53 pm

She is from Somalia. The place you will find attractive black women on earth. When you surround yourself with somali community, this model comes in average compared to majority somali women.

• October 19, 2009 at 7:48 pm

she is from somalia

• October 8, 2009 at 10:12 pm

I have to ask, I can’t tell if the girl in the picture is African or Indian, do you know?

• September 30, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Excellent ad. Banana Republic has often had innovative advertising for their products despite the alleged promotion of “waspy images”.

Diversity is just that; diverse. It is appalling so much “controversy” surrounds romantic images of Black women and White men.

• August 11, 2009 at 1:06 am

nice ad.

they just look so beautiful

• June 29, 2009 at 1:20 pm

peepee on you junk-o. i like interracial couples. it’s not easy being african american and being attracted to mostly white guys.(ok, TMI)

• June 22, 2009 at 11:18 am

“I really love this ad!…” blah, blah, blah…whatever!

• April 24, 2009 at 2:59 pm

I really love this ad! It simply s shows and portrays a beautiful modern day interracial couple. I’m also really proud of Banana Republic because they have evolved from there little zone and are aware of all the beautiful shades and colors of love : black girls and white boys.

I would love to see more jungle fever *_*

• April 13, 2009 at 4:57 pm

When I saw this ad in a magazine what first came to mind was not a black woman with a white man; but rather the depiction of a couple who are in love. As beautiful and realistic as this add is I just hope that people see beyond the skin tone and see them for what their portrayal is to be; a loving couple with good fashion sense ^_^.

• April 13, 2009 at 4:56 pm

When I saw this add in a magazine what first came to mind was not a black woman with a white man; but rather the depiction of a couple who are in love. As beautiful and realistic as this add is I just hope that people see beyond the skin tone and see them for what their portrayal is to be; a loving couple with good fashion sense ^_^.

• January 23, 2009 at 12:58 pm