Project Runway‘s Finale Part 1: The Wedding Challenge
The four remaining designers retreated to their homes to not only work on a collection that will hopefully see the light of day at Bryant Park, but also design a wedding dress. When they returned to New York they were hit with the ultimate challenge -creating a bridesmaid dress!
Here are Blindie’s top 10 moments:
- Gunn expresses concern over a dress in Korto’s collection that features a gaping slit that Gunn describes as “sexual.” He’s also a little worried over Jerell’s embellished collection because he wants it to “still be believable.” Ouch! Jerell had promised us he was “gonna be constructing pure magic” with his $8K!
- During his home visit to the designers, Gunn is treated to Korto kicking off her shoes and banging it out on African drums, and a tandem bike ride with Leanne.
- Jerell breaks down in tears as he talks about his father who worked so hard driving trucks to move his family out of the Compton ghetto.
- Korto promises “no, I’m not gonna snap on anyone,” after Kenley volunteers herself to be the snapped on and reminds Korto that she had already ripped into her during the last challenge.
- Michael Kors and Nina Garcia gush over Leanne’s wave inspired wedding dress. “I have to say, this is so chic and beautifully crafted,” Kors says. “It’s modern, but it’s dreamy,” Garcia adds.
- Kenley finally wins rave reviews from all of the judges even though Michael Kors thinks her wedding dress is “a little Alexander McQueen.” But adds, “the bridesmaid dress is the cutest damn dress I’ve ever seen.”
- Kenley is respectful, thankful and pleasant to the judges and a bit surprised by all of the compliments, especially the usually disapproving Heidi Klum who exclaims, “I think it’s crazy good.” To which Kenley gushes “Oh my gosh, Heidi I love you!”
- Kors tears apart Jerell’s “garish” dress citing his “boob jewels” and “the flower pot growing out of [the model’s} head” as major disasters.
- We had high hopes for Korto until we saw what the judges called her “overworked” wedding dress and “underworked” bridesmaid dress. Shoulda been bangin’ out an impeccable dress and not on the drums!
- We had to hold back tears when Heidi told Jerell he was OUT! But we were cracking up when he defended his “overwrought,” “hog wild” dresses by declaring “if you want a basic white tee you can get one from Michael Kors…it’s just not what I do!” Work it out, Jerell!