Project Runway: LL Cool J Guest Judges The Music Challenge
The five remaining designers turn up the volume and hit a few wrong notes as they create outfits inspired by a music genre -for each other!
And it’s not all that harmonious as Suede designs a rock n roll look for Jerell, Kenley tackles a hip-hop look for Leanne, Korto punks up Suede, Jerell tries to makes Kenley pop, and Leanne countrifies Korto.
Here are Blindie’s top 15 moments:
- Leanne steals Suede’s model Tia, because she felt “Suede had a real advantage...this is a competition and Tia is a real asset.”
- Korto warns Suede “if you have any problems with anything, I prefer if you tell me to my face before Tim gets here because I don’t want to have to snap on you in front of Tim! Okay?!”
- Korto shutting down Kenley as she tries to move in on her meeting time with Leanne – “No, your 30 minutes were up 30 minutes ago! I’m gonna get Hip-Hop on you in a minute!”
- Korto testifies like she’s in church! – “I have to own it, I have to claim it. In the name of Jesus! I am going to Bryant Park!”
- Kenley rapping and Korto doing her best Dolly Parton! Too much!
- Tim finally tells Kenley off as he tries to clue her in to the fact that her design may not hip-hop “You need to listen. It will it benefit you as a designer. It will help if you remove the sarcasm and the facetiousness.
- Kenley’s over confidence that annoyed Leanne in episode nine is back with avengeance! “What does Tim really know about hip-hop anyway,” she argues. “I definitely know more about hip-hop than Tim does.” And this is after she picks out a floral fabric and says it looks like grafitti. Hello, the year is 2008, grafitti hasn’t been a part of hip-hop since like over a decade.
- Kenley tries to blame Leanne for her out of tune look – “Leanne is not trying to sell my look. She looks like a big fat poser.”
- Heidi Klum introduces guest judge LL Cool J as a musical innovator and a style icon. Funny, everywhere else he’s called a rapper.
- Korto’s honkytonk badonkadonk! Heidi even compliments the silhouette of her country backside – and did we hear a little Borat accent there? – “very naaace.”
- Kenley catches serious attitude as the designers rip apart her un-hip-hop look!
- Suede looks like a low rent Boy George in Korto’s punk look. But he did rock it down the runway!
- We love how Jerell sexes up Kenley into a pop princess! And apparently we’re not the only ones loving Kenley Spears because when Heidi says she wanted to see more support in the chest, LL Cool J quips “they look supported!”
- We’re happy Korto won the challenge, but we totally feel Jerell was robbed! Just like in episode 5!
- The preview for next week’s episode has Jerell, Korto and Kenley CRYING! We…can…not…wait!