Posts Tagged NeNe Leakes
Posted on January 15, 2009 with 1 Comment
With “too human” DeShawn Snow being shown the exit on The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Bravo has approached R&B singer Usher Raymond’s wife Tameka Foster to join the lineup of lunching ladies.
Tameka confirmed to Essence.com that she was asked to join the show but also says, “Although [Bravo] approached me, and I was flattered by the offer, I will not be joining the Real Housewives cast.”
Too bad! It would’ve been fun to see Tameka show up Kim Zolciak with higher wattage music industry friends, and compete against Lisa Wu Hartwell for the multi-tasking mother award as she juggled her clothing line and five children (two of which are Usher’s). Tameka even has a foundation similar to DeShawn’s that helps build self-esteem in young girls, so maybe diamond galas would’ve been on the menu also.
Nene Leakes, however, is set to return for season two and already working on a spinoff with Bravo that’s slated to air in 2010. Fingers and toes crossed Nene’s “gay boyfriend” Dwight Eubanks joins her on the new show!
Posted on January 14, 2009 with No Comments
Bravo has dropped the “destined for greatness” Deshawn Snow from the cast of The Real Housewives of Atlanta for reportedly being too low-key.
Snow tells Essence.com that one of the reasons cited for her removal from the second season of the network’s most popular installment of the Housewives franchise was because she was “too human for a circus show.”
“At the end of the day, I was the same person throughout the show,” says Snow. “I’m not the type to go “television” and start acting crazy…I was authentic and true to myself and I can’t control what other people do.”
Maintaining her ladylike composure, Snow says “They let me go and there are no hard feelings. I am thankful for the opportunity.”
So far the rest of the “circus” players are expected to return – Kim Zolciak, NeNe Leakes, Sheree Whitfield, Lisa Wu Hartwell, and fingers crossed Dwight Eubanks!
A Bravo rep tells PEOPLE “Bravo is bringing Atlanta back for season two but we haven’t confirmed the cast at this time.”
In addition to maintaining the DeShawn Snow Foundation and a monthly column for Streamingfaith.com, Snow is working on a faith based pre-teens and teenagers book series.
Posted on January 4, 2009 with 7 Comments
Bravo has reportedly picked up a second season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, but what have the ladies been up to since we last saw them spending money and squabbling?
The blogs are buzzing about Sheree Whitfield receiving only six figures in her divorce settlement and the downgrade of her children’s education from private to public. Her suburban Atlanta mansion, which was owned solely by husband Bob Whitfield, was even put on the market for a little under $3 million, but is now listed as “off market.”
Wig-tastic Kim Zolciak recently launched a blogsite and slapped up some photos of herself from a recent Bahamas trip in (what else?) a bikini. Her country album, which producer Dallas Austin vehemently denies working on in a rant on his Myspace blog, is a “no go for now,” a source close to Zolciak says.
We can assume DeShawn Snow is fully staffed at her McMansion because she has had plenty of time to put up a website featuring an online shop hawking bejeweled t-shirts and hats emblazoned with her fantastic egocentric quotes, “Google me” and “I always knew I was destined for greatness!”
Workaholic Lisa Wu Hartwell whose mantra is “If it doesn’t make me money, I don’t do it,” appears to be still juggling her real estate, jewelry and clothing businesses and denying she threatened to beat down Kim Zolciak for spreading rumours about her losing custody of two children Justin and Jason to ex-husband Keith Sweat because she was a “crack whore.”
Anderson Cooper’s favorite housewife Nene Leakes made headlines when news of her eviction from her rented prefab house got out, which Leakes denies. In an interview with Atlanta’s CBS 46 the “tell it like it is” breakout star expressed interest in doing more TV saying she would “love to do a talk show,” but “not the whole conservative sh** like Oprah or Tyra,” and revealed that she met husband Greg while working as a stripper in Atlanta. And as for all of those “ghetto” accusations the self-described “life of the party” told Essence.com, “I’m okay with it. If keeping it real is ghetto, then I’m ghetto.”
Last but not least, the unofficial sixth housewife, Dwight Eubanks! There is talk of the design maven getting his own reality show, but we haven’t seen anything official yet except the hilarious Behind the Purple Door trailer.
Fingers crossed all six reprise their reality roles in season two of The Real Housewives of Atlanta!
Posted on December 4, 2008 with No Comments
Bravo’s breakout star NeNe Leakes of The Real Housewives of Atlanta was evicted from her five-bedroom home, according to the New York Daily News.
It seems her hubby Gregg owes $6,240 in back rent and can “no longer afford the house” which they’ve been renting since its construction in 2006, according to the notice, which was filed Sept. 24
“It’s none of your business,” NeNe snapped in an email to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, insisting that she and her husband are “financial able [sic] and stable to live where ever we feel fits.”
We’re pretty sure Kim & Sheree are LOVING NeNe’s misfortune!
Posted on November 26, 2008 with 1 Comment
The Real Housewives of Atlanta reunite at the Biltmore hotel in downtown Atlanta to rehash the drama that went down during seven glorious episodes of back-stabbing, conspicuous spending, fundraising and trash-talking.
Here are Blindie’s highlights from the “Reunion” episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta:
- New Looks: Nene Leakes had a cute, short haircut and boasted about her “new look” and “new attitude,” while Sheree took the weave route with a long ponytail and bangs. Kim Zolciak, on the other hand, did not have a make-over but Dwight Eubanks promised to work on her and bring her up to the 21st century.
- Truth Or Fiction: Kim stood firm by her age of 29, oh excuse me she’s 30 now, and she also claimed to wear a wig because she thought she had cancer and had been losing her hair and lost 25 lbs. After prodding from host Andy Cohen, she finally admitted she never had cancer.
- Team Nene: Yes, we are on Nene’s team! So is CNN’s Anderson Cooper! And apparently Andy Cohen is as well because he totally gave her way more air time than the other ladies -love it! “Fun, exciting, BAM,” that’s Nene!
- Rumours: Nene puts those pesky stripper rumours to rest, or does she? When Andy asks if she is an ex-stripper Nene replies, “I’m still a stripper…I am a stripper…I strip for my husband.” BAM!
- Kim’s Country Music Career: Nene thinks Kim can’t sing, Lisa Wu Hartwell says she’s pathetic and has no talent, but nevertheless Kim says her album is coming out in early January and her new single is called “Tightrope.” We can’t wait to hear it…oh wait, yes we can.
- The Notorious Big Papa: Kim says she is “on and off again” with her sugar daddy Big Papa and claims he is filing for a divorce, while Nene says he is very much married and that Kim should “close [her] legs to married men!” BAM!
- Cat Fight: Nene and Kim curse up a storm as they argue and Lisa Wu Hartwell has to hold Nene back, even going so far as to lay her tiny body across Nene to block an altercation. Nene of course gets the last words in calling Kim a “trashy hooker,” threatening to snatch her wig off and saying “I’ll see you outside!” BAM!
- Another World: DeShawn Snow does not understand why everyone makes a big deal about her no-cooking, no-cleaning lifestyle and doesn’t know how much she spends on her household staff. Is that why Lisa Wu Hartwell said “you hear crickets” as DeShawn struggled to answer Andy’s other question. We want to know how much DeShawn spent on those Hilary Duff chompers -they are definitely not God given!
- Race Relations: Nene calls Kim out on her “chicken” comment from episode six. We called Kim out on that one too!! That felt way too racial and we saw that smirk on Kim’s face when she said it. Kim defends herself with that tired old excuse of “Half of my friends are black.”
- The Sixth Housewife: Dwight Eubanks is declared the sixth Housewife! He is in full weave regalia as he joins the women and seats himself in between Sheree and Kim then proceeds to mock them by fawning over them and saying, “Oh, you’re so pretty.” So what does Dwight think of all the catfighting? “Très, très, très dèclassè,” and what does he think about his sexuality, “I never wanted to be a woman, I love my toolbox.” And we love you, Dwight!
Tags: Andy Cohen, atlanta, Bravo, DeShawn Snow, Dwight Eubanks, Kim Zolciak, Lisa Wu Hartwell, NeNe Leakes, Sheree Whitfield, The Real Housewives
Category: Dwight Eubanks, Feuds, The Real Housewives, TV
Posted on November 12, 2008 with 3 Comments
Apparently when the women of Bravo’s Real Housewives of Atlanta aren’t buying designer clothes or feuding, they are planning fundraisers and get-togethers with cute names like “Big Hat Luncheon” and “Sunset Barbeque.”
Here are Blindie’s top ten moments from the Housewives’ “Dream A Little Nightmare” episode:
- Sheree Whitfield, Kim Zolciak and their girlfriends Cori and Allison take a boat out on the manmade Lake Lanier and almost get stranded on the island when they can’t start up the boat’s engine. Thankfully, before the show can turn into a Gilligan episode Cori realizes that she had the engine in neutral!
- Sheree is fulfilling her childhood dream and “God-given gift” of becoming a fashion designer by having everyone else do the work while she gives orders. But you have to feel bad for Sheree when her sample designs turn out worse that a losing Project Runway outfit.
- Nene Leakes holds a Big Hat Luncheon fundraiser for her newly established Twisted Hearts foundation for battered women and talks about a past relationship that involved physical and sexual abuse. We hope DeShawn Snow was taking notes because Nene’s fundraiser pulled in $19,200 and didn’t involve flashy diamonds or pomp and circumstance.
- It’s hilarious when Nene accuses DeShawn Snow of not knowing how to cut a lemon or even find the knives to cut it. Hello? That’s why she has an estate manager, a chef, and a personal assistant.
- Eternal party planner DeShawn invites all the women to a “sunset barbeque” to help “clear the air” between the feuding Nene, Kim and Sheree. We love that Nene swears she will always “tell it like it is” and that she is not going to pretend to like any one of “those bitches!”
- Kim’s excuse for not attending DeShawn’s barbeque is “I don’t wanna sit around with Nene and….eat chicken.” If Kim didn’t fawn over black people so much and she wasn’t referring to a barbeque that was probably serving chicken, we would find that remark racially charged…but still funny.
- Dwight Eubanks is back!! He accompanies Nene for a pedicure, orders a triple martini and declares “you never seen a man’s feet this pretty!” Then proclaims “don’t I look good for 50!” And reveals his secret is sex 3 times a day. “I can show you better than I can tell you!” he exclaims. Someone please give this man his own show!
- Sheree invites her ex-husband Bob Whitfield to her She by Sheree fashion party even though she claims he tried to hold her down and was not the type of husband that supported her interests. Maybe Bob wanted to see how his potential seven-figure divorce settlement would be spent, after all Sheree did say she spent a whopping 100K of her own money on the fashion line. Geez, even Gossip Girl’s Jenny Humphrey knows how to get investors to launch a fashion line!
- Ed Hartwell comes out of rehab training and is planning to play for the Oakland Raiders, which devastates his wife Lisa Wu because they won’t be able to spend everyday together.
- Nene receives her paternity DNA results in a letter and discovers that Curtis, the man she thought was her father for so many years, is not her real father. Bravo couldn’t have written a better plot twist!
P.S. Project Runway’s Mychael Knight is featured in the next episode!
Tags: Bob Whitfield, DeShawn Snow, Dwight Eubanks, Ed Hartwell, Kim Zolciak, Lisa Wu Hartwell, NeNe Leakes, Sheree Whitfield
Category: Accolades, Dwight Eubanks, Fashion, The Real Housewives, TV
Posted on November 4, 2008 with 4 Comments
It’s a game of best friend musical chairs as Kim Zolciak swaps Nene Leakes for Sheree Whitfield and Nene replaces Kim with DeShawn Snow.
Kim finally sings a note as she follows her dreams of being a country music star, while Nene folllows DeShawn’s charitable lead and starts her own foundation for women of domestic abuse.
And behind all of the music, there’s the usual drama and delusions of grandeur, but much to our dismay no Dwight Eubanks!
Here are Blindie’s top ten moments:
- Nene takes Sheree to her Botox appopintment, which she has done every 6 months since she was 24. Then doctor confirms Kim’s “black don’t crack” revelation by telling her that black people have a natural skin protectant, and a built in sun screen.
- Kim tells her vocal coach Jan that she’s been smoking for 15 years! And since Kim claims that she’s 29, that means she started smoking at 14!
- Kim’s vocal coach tells her she doesn’t know the ABCs of singing and Kim shrugs “I don’t need to, I’m a singer” and even claims that people have told her she sounds like Cher!
- Kim sings in the recording studio that pop godesses Madonna, Gwen Stefani and Stevie Nicks. All we can say is, the godesses must be angry right about now.
- Kim “eews” and turns up her nose at the fresh guacamole being prepared in a molcajete (a lava stone bowl) at Rosa Mexicana claiming it’s not sanitary. Wait, how old is she again?
- As the women try on clothes Kim declares “I don’t wear panties!”
- Sheree tells Kim that Nene has been talking about her all around town and their friendship grows stronger. And Nene thinks Sheree is manipulating “poor little Kim” because her “wig is squeezing her brain”!
- “Nene’s got to go!” Sheree declares and tells Kim that Nene is ” a wannabe” and “a hater,” to which Kim says “let your haters be a motivators.” Wow, she can’t sing, but she sure can rhyme!
- Nene starts a charitable foundation of her own -Twisted Hearts, for women of domestic abuse, and plans a “Battered But Not Broken” fundraiser brunch with a sunday church hat theme.
- Nene learns from DeShawn’s million dollar gala mistake and sets her fundraising goal at a realistic $20,000 and plans to sell tickets instead of inviting everyone for free.