The energetic and rabid networker of Atlanta's Housewives Lisa Wu Hartwell has filed suit to gain full custody of her two sons from ex-husband Keith Sweat citing the "best interest" of the children.
Hartwell and Sweat were married in 1992 and have two sons Jordan and Justin together. She has described the marriage in interviews as an "extremely tumultous relationship" and had been awarded visitation rights to the children in 2003.
The two sons did not appear with Hartwell and her new husband former NFL player Ed Wartwell on Bravo's Housewives of Atlanta because Sweat would not give legal permission. So, does this mean the two Sweat boys might be making their television debut on Housewives?
With "too human" DeShawn Snow being shown the exit on The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Bravo has approached R&B singer Usher Raymond's wife Tameka Foster to join the lineup of lunching ladies.
Tameka confirmed to Essence.com that she was asked to join the show but also says, "Although [Bravo] approached me, and I was flattered by the offer, I will not be joining the Real Housewives cast."
Too bad! It would've been fun to see Tameka show up Kim Zolciak with higher wattage music industry friends, and compete against Lisa Wu Hartwell for the multi-tasking mother award as she juggled her clothing line and five children (two of which are Usher's). Tameka even has a foundation similar to DeShawn's that helps build self-esteem in young girls, so maybe diamond galas would've been on the menu also.
Nene Leakes, however, is set to return for season two and already working on a spinoff with Bravo that's slated to air in 2010. Fingers and toes crossed Nene's "gay boyfriend" Dwight Eubanks joins her on the new show!
Bravo has reportedly picked up a second season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, but what have the ladies been up to since we last saw them spending money and squabbling?
The blogs are buzzing about Sheree Whitfield receiving only six figures in her divorce settlement and the downgrade of her children's education from private to public. Her suburban Atlanta mansion, which was owned solely by husband Bob Whitfield, was even put on the market for a little under $3 million, but is now listed as "off market."
Wig-tastic Kim Zolciak recently launched a blogsite and slapped up some photos of herself from a recent Bahamas trip in (what else?) a bikini. Her country album, which producer Dallas Austin vehemently denies working on in a rant on his Myspace blog, is a "no go for now," a source close to Zolciak says.
We can assume DeShawn Snow is fully staffed at her McMansion because she has had plenty of time to put up a website featuring an online shop hawking bejeweled t-shirts and hats emblazoned with her fantastic egocentric quotes, "Google me" and "I always knew I was destined for greatness!"
Workaholic Lisa Wu Hartwell whose mantra is “If it doesn’t make me money, I don’t do it,” appears to be still juggling her real estate, jewelry and clothing businesses and denying she threatened to beat down Kim Zolciak for spreading rumours about her losing custody of two children Justin and Jason to ex-husband Keith Sweat because she was a "crack whore."
Anderson Cooper's favorite housewife Nene Leakes made headlines when news of her eviction from her rented prefab house got out, which Leakes denies. In an interview with Atlanta's CBS 46 the "tell it like it is" breakout star expressed interest in doing more TV saying she would "love to do a talk show," but "not the whole conservative sh** like Oprah or Tyra," and revealed that she met husband Greg while working as a stripper in Atlanta. And as for all of those "ghetto" accusations the self-described "life of the party" told Essence.com, "I’m okay with it. If keeping it real is ghetto, then I’m ghetto."
Last but not least, the unofficial sixth housewife, Dwight Eubanks! There is talk of the design maven getting his own reality show, but we haven't seen anything official yet except the hilarious Behind the Purple Door trailer.
Fingers crossed all six reprise their reality roles in season two of The Real Housewives of Atlanta!
The Real Housewives of Atlanta reunite at the Biltmore hotel in downtown Atlanta to rehash the drama that went down during seven glorious episodes of back-stabbing, conspicuous spending, fundraising and trash-talking.
Here are Blindie's highlights from the "Reunion" episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta:
- New Looks: Nene Leakes had a cute, short haircut and boasted about her "new look" and "new attitude," while Sheree took the weave route with a long ponytail and bangs. Kim Zolciak, on the other hand, did not have a make-over but Dwight Eubanks promised to work on her and bring her up to the 21st century.
- Truth Or Fiction: Kim stood firm by her age of 29, oh excuse me she's 30 now, and she also claimed to wear a wig because she thought she had cancer and had been losing her hair and lost 25 lbs. After prodding from host Andy Cohen, she finally admitted she never had cancer.
- Team Nene: Yes, we are on Nene's team! So is CNN's Anderson Cooper! And apparently Andy Cohen is as well because he totally gave her way more air time than the other ladies -love it! "Fun, exciting, BAM," that's Nene!
- Rumours: Nene puts those pesky stripper rumours to rest, or does she? When Andy asks if she is an ex-stripper Nene replies, "I'm still a stripper...I am a stripper...I strip for my husband." BAM!
- Kim's Country Music Career: Nene thinks Kim can't sing, Lisa Wu Hartwell says she's pathetic and has no talent, but nevertheless Kim says her album is coming out in early January and her new single is called "Tightrope." We can't wait to hear it...oh wait, yes we can.
- The Notorious Big Papa: Kim says she is "on and off again" with her sugar daddy Big Papa and claims he is filing for a divorce, while Nene says he is very much married and that Kim should "close [her] legs to married men!" BAM!
- Cat Fight: Nene and Kim curse up a storm as they argue and Lisa Wu Hartwell has to hold Nene back, even going so far as to lay her tiny body across Nene to block an altercation. Nene of course gets the last words in calling Kim a "trashy hooker," threatening to snatch her wig off and saying "I'll see you outside!" BAM!
- Another World: DeShawn Snow does not understand why everyone makes a big deal about her no-cooking, no-cleaning lifestyle and doesn't know how much she spends on her household staff. Is that why Lisa Wu Hartwell said "you hear crickets" as DeShawn struggled to answer Andy's other question. We want to know how much DeShawn spent on those Hilary Duff chompers -they are definitely not God given!
- Race Relations: Nene calls Kim out on her "chicken" comment from episode six. We called Kim out on that one too!! That felt way too racial and we saw that smirk on Kim's face when she said it. Kim defends herself with that tired old excuse of "Half of my friends are black."
- The Sixth Housewife: Dwight Eubanks is declared the sixth Housewife! He is in full weave regalia as he joins the women and seats himself in between Sheree and Kim then proceeds to mock them by fawning over them and saying, "Oh, you're so pretty." So what does Dwight think of all the catfighting? "Très, très, très dèclassè," and what does he think about his sexuality, "I never wanted to be a woman, I love my toolbox." And we love you, Dwight!
Bravo wraps up the Hotlanta Housewives saga in a season finale that has Nene Leakes confronting Kim Zolciak and the rumors that ruined their friendship, DeShawn Snow still still calling herself a sinlge parent, Lisa Wu and Ed Hartwell dreading spending time apart and Sheree Witfield still trying to get her fashion line together.
Here are Blindie's top ten moments from the "Best of Enemies" episode.
- Kim calls Nene a "drag queen." Well, if that's not the wig calling the weave fake!
- DeShawne reminisces with her husband about life "back in the day" -eating Hamburger Helper, Ramen Noodles and Red Lobster. And that's why she has a chef!
- Dallas Austin calls up Kim to tell her to get serious about her singing and quit drinking and smoking. He even suggests she go running for a couple of hours!
- Sheree recruits Project Runway's Mychael Knight to be her "fashion fairy godfather." He points out all of the flaws in her clothing line -from the "whack" stitching to the poor choice of fabric and the overall homemade look. We love when Mychael admonishes Sheree for throwing a grand party before the clothes were perfected, advising her that "if you had less grandness you may have more time to" uh...make wearable clothes.
- Lisa Wu tries to teach DeShawne how to cook a simple chicken dish and DeShawn, who can't even operate the food processor, finds it "a little overwhelming." We hope she doesn't have to get rid of the chef when her husband Eric retires from basketball. Oh yeah, she only has to give up her leased Mercedes, but don't worry she has five more cars.
- Kim's two daughters tell her they're breathing in her second hand smoke and encourage her to stop smoking in return for sleeping in their own beds. Wait, her two daughters sleep in her bed every night? Somebody was smoking in the girls' room during Parenting 101.
- Nene and her husband buy her son Brice a Ford FX2 SUV for a graduation gift, but she stresses that he will be buying his next car on his own because she wants him to be a strong independent black man!
- Nene confronts Kim at Lisa Wu's dinner party and before it can ugly and really good, Nene's husband delivers some words of wisdom, "don't let any experience in life change you from who you are.... do not get absorbed in this...this is not worth it."
- Nene declares, "you know I'm gonna put it on the line don't you? I'm a free bird honey!" Did we mention, that we've already ordered our "Team Nene" shirts?
- The wrap-up at the end says Sheree is still waiting for her seven-figure settlement, DeShawn is planning another fundraiser and still can't cook, Kim has broken up with Big Papa (now we'll never get to see him!) and Nene and Kim still haven't met up to make up. Which means, bring on season two!
Apparently when the women of Bravo's Real Housewives of Atlanta aren't buying designer clothes or feuding, they are planning fundraisers and get-togethers with cute names like "Big Hat Luncheon" and "Sunset Barbeque."
Here are Blindie's top ten moments from the Housewives' "Dream A Little Nightmare" episode:
- Sheree Whitfield, Kim Zolciak and their girlfriends Cori and Allison take a boat out on the manmade Lake Lanier and almost get stranded on the island when they can't start up the boat's engine. Thankfully, before the show can turn into a Gilligan episode Cori realizes that she had the engine in neutral!
- Sheree is fulfilling her childhood dream and "God-given gift" of becoming a fashion designer by having everyone else do the work while she gives orders. But you have to feel bad for Sheree when her sample designs turn out worse that a losing Project Runway outfit.
- Nene Leakes holds a Big Hat Luncheon fundraiser for her newly established Twisted Hearts foundation for battered women and talks about a past relationship that involved physical and sexual abuse. We hope DeShawn Snow was taking notes because Nene's fundraiser pulled in $19,200 and didn't involve flashy diamonds or pomp and circumstance.
- It's hilarious when Nene accuses DeShawn Snow of not knowing how to cut a lemon or even find the knives to cut it. Hello? That's why she has an estate manager, a chef, and a personal assistant.
- Eternal party planner DeShawn invites all the women to a "sunset barbeque" to help "clear the air" between the feuding Nene, Kim and Sheree. We love that Nene swears she will always "tell it like it is" and that she is not going to pretend to like any one of "those bitches!"
- Kim's excuse for not attending DeShawn's barbeque is "I don't wanna sit around with Nene and....eat chicken." If Kim didn't fawn over black people so much and she wasn't referring to a barbeque that was probably serving chicken, we would find that remark racially charged...but still funny.
- Dwight Eubanks is back!! He accompanies Nene for a pedicure, orders a triple martini and declares "you never seen a man's feet this pretty!" Then proclaims "don't I look good for 50!" And reveals his secret is sex 3 times a day. "I can show you better than I can tell you!" he exclaims. Someone please give this man his own show!
- Sheree invites her ex-husband Bob Whitfield to her She by Sheree fashion party even though she claims he tried to hold her down and was not the type of husband that supported her interests. Maybe Bob wanted to see how his potential seven-figure divorce settlement would be spent, after all Sheree did say she spent a whopping 100K of her own money on the fashion line. Geez, even Gossip Girl's Jenny Humphrey knows how to get investors to launch a fashion line!
- Ed Hartwell comes out of rehab training and is planning to play for the Oakland Raiders, which devastates his wife Lisa Wu because they won't be able to spend everyday together.
- Nene receives her paternity DNA results in a letter and discovers that Curtis, the man she thought was her father for so many years, is not her real father. Bravo couldn't have written a better plot twist!
P.S. Project Runway's Mychael Knight is featured in the next episode!Read More
It's a game of best friend musical chairs as Kim Zolciak swaps Nene Leakes for Sheree Whitfield and Nene replaces Kim with DeShawn Snow.
Kim finally sings a note as she follows her dreams of being a country music star, while Nene folllows DeShawn's charitable lead and starts her own foundation for women of domestic abuse.
And behind all of the music, there's the usual drama and delusions of grandeur, but much to our dismay no Dwight Eubanks!
Here are Blindie's top ten moments:
- Nene takes Sheree to her Botox appopintment, which she has done every 6 months since she was 24. Then doctor confirms Kim's "black don't crack" revelation by telling her that black people have a natural skin protectant, and a built in sun screen.
- Kim tells her vocal coach Jan that she's been smoking for 15 years! And since Kim claims that she's 29, that means she started smoking at 14!
- Kim's vocal coach tells her she doesn't know the ABCs of singing and Kim shrugs "I don't need to, I'm a singer" and even claims that people have told her she sounds like Cher!
- Kim sings in the recording studio that pop godesses Madonna, Gwen Stefani and Stevie Nicks. All we can say is, the godesses must be angry right about now.
- Kim "eews" and turns up her nose at the fresh guacamole being prepared in a molcajete (a lava stone bowl) at Rosa Mexicana claiming it's not sanitary. Wait, how old is she again?
- As the women try on clothes Kim declares "I don't wear panties!"
- Sheree tells Kim that Nene has been talking about her all around town and their friendship grows stronger. And Nene thinks Sheree is manipulating "poor little Kim" because her "wig is squeezing her brain"!
- "Nene's got to go!" Sheree declares and tells Kim that Nene is " a wannabe" and "a hater," to which Kim says "let your haters be a motivators." Wow, she can't sing, but she sure can rhyme!
- Nene starts a charitable foundation of her own -Twisted Hearts, for women of domestic abuse, and plans a "Battered But Not Broken" fundraiser brunch with a sunday church hat theme.
- Nene learns from DeShawn's million dollar gala mistake and sets her fundraising goal at a realistic $20,000 and plans to sell tickets instead of inviting everyone for free.
Just when you thought Kim Zolciak couldn't make any more uncomfortable comments about race, Lisa Wu Hartwell couldn't get any perkier, and the word jewelry couldn't be mispronounced as jury for the umpteenth time! Yeah, it all happens again and then some, on the latest episode of Bravo's Housewives.
Here are Blindie's top ten moments:
- Kim all of a sudden "can't handle the drama with Nene" and cozies up to Sheree Whitfield, gushing over her and callling her beautiful every chance she gets! And what does Nene Leakes think: "I can't stand fake ass girls!" she declares.
- Lisa Wu hosts a trunk show for her jewelry line Wu Girls, sits for a photo shoot for the line, and even hosts a jewelry-making night. Maybe she should scrap the jewelry and just bottle her energy and sell that! Especially since expert jeweler Steven Zale (not to be confused with Zale Jewelers) thinks the line is worthy of just Macys and not Saks and Bendel like Lisa had been planning.
- Stylist Dwight Eubanks delights us with another appearance as Nene corrals him to help pick out a wardrobe for her college bound son Brice. When Dwight catches wind of DeShawn Snow's huge free ticket gala he warns that people are "gonna come and eat all your food, drink all your liquor and leave and they're not gonna pay for nothin!"
- Dwight insists to Nene "I am a brotha" and threatens to prove it by disrobing!
- Kim tells Sheree her son looks like O.J. Simpson!! As if that were a compliment -ok, maybe it would've been like before 1994 and before a certain murder trial. Then Sheree tries to rebuttal by insisting he looks more like Denzel Washington.
- When Kim isn't fawning over Sheree's "beauty" she is fetishizing over black women. "African Americans age so much better...I dont' know what it is...it's their natural oils...it's someting I just want."
- Kim muses over the burden of being beautiful with Sheree. "Can you imagine not being beautiful?," she wonders, and even comes to the conclusion that "bitch means beautiful."
- As Sheree gets ready for DeShawn's gala she declares, "I am fashion, I have impeccable taste and I will be the best dressed tonight!" Then she arrives at the party in a floor length fur coat and finds out there's no coat check. "What am I supposed to do with my fur? Hang it over a chair?" Hello? A fur in Atlanta? It's called Hot-lanta, not Siberia-lanta!
- DeShawn's Night of a Thousand Stars gala goes off with more than a hitch. The auction is a disaster as no one bids or even pays attention to the auctioneers! DeShawn breaks down in tears and complains "I would never get invited to something for charity and not buy anything - that's just tacky to me!"
- DeShawn's diamond gala costs a grand total of $30,000 and pulled in only $10,000 for her charity! It's a good thing Kim, err Big Poppa bought that $14,800 cuff bracelet.
The drama continues on The Real Housewives of Atlanta! With Kim Zolciak trying to be a country music star, DeShawn Snow trying to raise a million dollars in one night, and Nene Leakes looking for her real father, it was quite an eventful evening.
And here are Blindie's the top ten most unbelievable moments:
- Kim wants to be a country singer, because people are always saying she looks like Faith HIll and Carrie Underwood. Yeah that's a good reason. Too bad Nene "never even heard this girl hum." And did we hear Kim say she's 29 years old?!
- Kim drags Lisa Wu Hartwell, Sheree Whitfield, DeShawn and Nene to see her psychic friend Rose. The psychic surprises doubting Nene with a "dead-on" reading about her absentee father and warns she will receive a letter from a family member.
- Nene does indeed receive a letter from a family member that questions the paternity of the man whom she thought was her father!
- DeShawn thinks that giving money to the church, or tithing, is giving money to God and not to the pastor. Newsflash DeShawn, God don't drive Cadillacs, pastors do!
- Sheree's gay hairstylist Lawrence, who says "women like Sheree, when they look that good...always know there's a gay man somwehere in their life," takes Sheree to the Mr. and Ms. Black America pageant -basically a gay ball minus the vogueing.
- DeShawn is planning a fundraiser for her non-profit organization and unrealistically planning to raise one million dollars in one night by auctioning off lunch dates with her friends and selling diamonds. If DeShawn can raise that much money in one night, then someone needs to get this woman to Wall Street, because they need her, now!
- Nene suggests putting Sheree up for auction and starting the bid at two dollars!
- Nene helps Kim pick a song from the selections that Ed, her daughter's music teacher, has penned. And even though Nene thinks all the songs suck she suggests "Don't Be Tardy For The Party" because it will be something people can dance to in the club.
- After Kim drops record producer Dallas Austin's name whenever possible, to anyone who will listen, Austin finally shows up to help her get ready to...um...record...an album? And not a single note, tune, or hum ever comes out of Kim's mouth the entire episode.
- Kim confesses to Austin that her recurring dream is to have two Vietnamese children, preferably identical twin boys! That sounds like a fetish not a recurring dream!
Blindie is enthralled with Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta, even though the women go through money faster than the plunging stock market.
But each episode leaves us with the same burning questions:
- Who is Kim Zolciak's sugar daddy "Big Poppa"? After reviewing episode one we caught a glimpse of the name "Lee" in one of Kim's text messages. Then after much internet scrounging we think that Big Poppa might be real estate investor Lee Najjar.
- Why is the daughter of famous boxer Evander Holyfield working as Sheree Whitfield's personal assistant? Considering Holyfield's recent financial problems reported by TMZ.com, which includes thousands in back child support payments, his daughter might be making a prudent career move by earning her own living.
- Does DeShawn Snow actually do anything? You know, considering she has all that hired help including a chef, a nanny, and an estate manager. DeShawn founded and chairs the non-profit Deshawn Snow Foundation in 2005 that works with underprivileged and disadvantaged teenage girls between the ages of 11 and 17 to build self-esteem.
- Will Sheree Whitfield's soon-to-be ex-husband grant her the seven figure divorce settlement that she is hoping to receive? After watching Sheree drop money on designer clothes and shoes faster than a rapper at a strip club we sure hope she gets her millions and then some.
- Who was Lisa Wu Hartwell's first husband? After Lisa alluded to her first marriage not being a great situation, we just had to know who the sad sack was that didn't spoon feed her chicken soup in bed like current hubby Ed. We were surprised to find out Lisa was married to R&B singer Keith Sweat and they have two sons, Justin and Jordan, together. And in case you're wondering, you haven't seen the boys on the show because Sweat refused to sign a waiver and allow his children to be exploited, according to sandrarose.com. Responsible parenting, we love it!