We thought that after the Rufus and Lily spin off was announced, their Gossip Girl lovefest would take a backseat to the teenage drama, but the parent PDA continues! And what's with the obsession over Yale? Pick another Ivy League, there are seven others! Here are Blindie's top moments from Gossip Girl's "You've Got Yale" episode:
- Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) tries every trick in the Blair Waldorf book of backstabbing and then some to kick his Uncle Jack out of the company - from planting drugs, to setting him up with a transsexual and putting his name on Megan's' List (the California sex offender's list).
- Rufus Humphrey (Matthew Settle) and Lily van der Woodsen (Kelly Rutherford) are playing sleep-over and her daughter Serena complains she is "pretending not to hear what [she} hears in the middle of the night." Awkward!
- Why is Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) still sacrificing herself for Blair (Leighton Meester)? She even gives up her spot at Yale so Blair can move off the wait-list. Bring back bitchy Serena!
- Blair gets a dog! We were expecting a Labradoodle or a Portugese Water Hound, because we heard those are quite trendy now.
- Genius dialogue from Chuck as he calls Rufus a "half-priced hustler!" and says "I don't care where you import them from, I want them young and unstable," as he orders up some women.
- Nice to see Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford) and Vanessa Abrams (Jessica Szohr) still hanging in there with the minimum amount of lines needed to receive a paycheck, but really their scenes were so unnecessary.
- Chuck finally gets a mother as Lily follows through with her plans to adopt him to help him gain control of his father's company. And Chuck returns the favor as he comes to Lily's aid when a coked up Uncle Jack tries to rape her at the opera.
- Serena oders a home dread-locking kit! Really? There's a home kit?
- We love that Serena is choosing the slackers Ivy League, Brown University!
- Blair gets schooled by the new teacher! That'll teach her to "act out on people."