Posted on September 8, 2008 with 2 Comments
The 2008 MTV Video Music Awards was dominated this year by the wit of British bad boy comedian Russell Brand, who hosted the show with a sharp tongue!
Here are Blindie’s Top Five moments from Sunday’s VMAs:
1. Britney’s Back Bitches!!! Opening the show, a more aware, alive and luminous Britney Spears gets some help at relaxing for the show from Superbad star Jonah Hill, who uses the opportunity to get some nookie from the recovering pop princess. Besides winning her first VMAs, MTV totally underused Brit Brit!
2. Host Russell Brand held no punches on his attack of the Republican party, urging the people of America to “Please elect Barack Obama,” and calling all those opposed to Obama “racists!” Of Republican VP pick, Brand says: “Sarah Palin is a VILF–A Vice-President I would like to…fondle.” He also calls President Bush “a retarded cowboy fella.”
3. Jamie Foxx says of T.I.’s attendance at the show: “I see you T.I.–Got that bail money?…Don’t shoot me.” He also points out Rihanna’s hot Grace Jones-esque performance entrance and outfit. Speaking of Rihanna: Hey Aguilera! Rihanna called and she wants you to stop biting her look!
4. Making fun of Joe Jackson, Brand says, “I like the old system of controlling a boy band–like Joe Jackson–with one leather belt.” He drew laughs from Busta Rhymes.
5. Brand versus Pops Virgins: After making numerous jokes on the Jonas Brothers’ promise rings (“I’d take it a little more seriously if they wore it on their genitals”), Jordin Sparks stands up for all virgins of America, saying nothing is wrong with not wanting to be a slut! Ouch! This prompts Brand to apologize: “Sorry cause I said them things about promise rings…I don’t want to piss off any teenage fans…..I don’t want to piss on any either!“