What better way to fill our post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas days than with a little Gossip Girl drama. The Jenny Humphrey, Nate Archibald, Vanessa Abrams love triangle finally comes to a head -again. Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf are still trying to resist each other's poisoned charms. Lily Bass and Rufus Humphrey are regretting the missed opportunity to hook up -again, and Serena van der Woodsen and Dan Humphrey are still pretending they don't have feelings for each other. Here are Blindie's top ten WTF moments from Gossip Girl's "It's a Wonderful Lie" episode:
- Vanessa locks lips with Nate right after listening to Jenny wistfully wonder what became of her almost fling with him. Vanessa is busted when a photo of the PDA ends up on the Gossip Girl blog.
- Aaron Rose's ex-girlfriend Lexi disses his photo exhibit featuring Serena, comparing it to a GAP ad. Hey! We like GAP ads. Lexi's pretention reaches an all time high when she orders a cup of Kopi Luwak coffee, you know, that coffee that's passed through the digestive system of the Asian Palm Civet -basically coffee beans that are shat out by cats!
- Chuck and Blair choose each other's dates for the Snowflake Ball to prove they know each other's desires and what does Chuck want as a reward? Blair's most prized possession -her maid Dorota!
- Vanessa confesses to Nate that she stole his love letter to Jenny and that she never felt like this way about anyone before, blah blah. While we love the ethnically ambiguous Jessica Szohr as Vanessa we are not liking her man-grubbing storyline.
- Jenni conspires with Blair's back up girls to pull a Carrie on Vanessa and humiliate her at the Snowflake Ball with a see-through dress. Really? This is the Upper East Side where maids are traded in bets. You gotta come harder than a see-through dress.
- Nate had the nerve to tell off Jenni for sabotaging Vanessa claiming he's glad they didn't hook up because she's not the Jenny he thought he knew. Hmm, we wonder if Jenny knew that Nate was once pimping himself out to a married woman?
- It's Bizarro world again on Gossip Girl as Chuck and Blair dig up cheap knock-offs of themselves for each other to date. When they catch their doubles hooking up Blair laments "even our doppelgangers can work it out!"
- Serena and Dan spend the entire night at the Snowflake Ball pretending not to care the other will bed their date after the party.
- Lily and Rufus find themselves face to face once again, and regretting another missed opportunity to be together, again.
- Bart Bass in an accident?! After seeing snippets of the next episode it's clear there's a funeral scene so it's safe to assume that Bart is dead and the Bass empire will now be under the rule of Chuck. Looks like Lily won't be needing that divorce anymore.