Sure, Jay Leno became the first Late Night host to get a sitting president to visit his show last night, but Tyra Banks is the first Day Time host to get campaigning candidates to do some pretty idiotic things on The Tyra Show.
So in tribute to Tyra’s political side, Blindie pays homage to Miss Banks’ Top 5 political guests:
1. Sen. Barack Obama: In October 2007, the presidential hopeful was asked by Tyra to gaze into her crystal ball and tell her what he sees. “I see the White House,” he replied, before revealing that his girls Malia & Sasha don’t approve of the Hilton sisters!
2. Sen. Hillary Clinton: In January 2008, Tyra asked the New York senator to answer questions printed on tissues (in reference to her crying on the campaign trail). One question was about Bill’s affair with Monica. “I never doubted Bill’s love for me ever,” she told Tyra, “and I never doubted my faith and my commitment to our daughter and our extended family.”
3. John Edwards: In January 2008, the now-philanderous Edwards explained to Tyra how he and his wife Elizabeth eat at Wendy’s every year on their anniversary–and Tyra made sure he shared Wendy’s with her on her show.
4. Mike Huckabee: In February 2008, the former Arkansas governor gave Tyra bass guitar lessons. “I’m so pumped about being here.” But of course Tyra had to make it about her: “I took guitar before … well for two months but I remember nothin. My fingers used to hurt really bad when I played guitar. I stopped because of it.”
5. Inauguration Obama Cutouts: In January 2009, Tyra couldn’t get her former guest on the show–now that he was running the country and all–so she settled for the next best thing: cardboard cutouts of the first family during President Barack Obama’s Inauguration!