Apparently when the women of Bravo’s Real Housewives of Atlanta aren’t buying designer clothes or feuding, they are planning fundraisers and get-togethers with cute names like “Big Hat Luncheon” and “Sunset Barbeque.”
Here are Blindie’s top ten moments from the Housewives’ “Dream A Little Nightmare” episode:
- Sheree Whitfield, Kim Zolciak and their girlfriends Cori and Allison take a boat out on the manmade Lake Lanier and almost get stranded on the island when they can’t start up the boat’s engine. Thankfully, before the show can turn into a Gilligan episode Cori realizes that she had the engine in neutral!
- Sheree is fulfilling her childhood dream and “God-given gift” of becoming a fashion designer by having everyone else do the work while she gives orders. But you have to feel bad for Sheree when her sample designs turn out worse that a losing Project Runway outfit.
- Nene Leakes holds a Big Hat Luncheon fundraiser for her newly established Twisted Hearts foundation for battered women and talks about a past relationship that involved physical and sexual abuse. We hope DeShawn Snow was taking notes because Nene’s fundraiser pulled in $19,200 and didn’t involve flashy diamonds or pomp and circumstance.
- It’s hilarious when Nene accuses DeShawn Snow of not knowing how to cut a lemon or even find the knives to cut it. Hello? That’s why she has an estate manager, a chef, and a personal assistant.
- Eternal party planner DeShawn invites all the women to a “sunset barbeque” to help “clear the air” between the feuding Nene, Kim and Sheree. We love that Nene swears she will always “tell it like it is” and that she is not going to pretend to like any one of “those bitches!”
- Kim’s excuse for not attending DeShawn’s barbeque is “I don’t wanna sit around with Nene and….eat chicken.” If Kim didn’t fawn over black people so much and she wasn’t referring to a barbeque that was probably serving chicken, we would find that remark racially charged…but still funny.
- Dwight Eubanks is back!! He accompanies Nene for a pedicure, orders a triple martini and declares “you never seen a man’s feet this pretty!” Then proclaims “don’t I look good for 50!” And reveals his secret is sex 3 times a day. “I can show you better than I can tell you!” he exclaims. Someone please give this man his own show!
- Sheree invites her ex-husband Bob Whitfield to her She by Sheree fashion party even though she claims he tried to hold her down and was not the type of husband that supported her interests. Maybe Bob wanted to see how his potential seven-figure divorce settlement would be spent, after all Sheree did say she spent a whopping 100K of her own money on the fashion line. Geez, even Gossip Girl’s Jenny Humphrey knows how to get investors to launch a fashion line!
- Ed Hartwell comes out of rehab training and is planning to play for the Oakland Raiders, which devastates his wife Lisa Wu because they won’t be able to spend everyday together.
- Nene receives her paternity DNA results in a letter and discovers that Curtis, the man she thought was her father for so many years, is not her real father. Bravo couldn’t have written a better plot twist!
P.S. Project Runway’s Mychael Knight is featured in the next episode!