It’s celebration and emancipation time on the Upper East side as Blair turns 18, the Bass Enterprise turns 20 and Jenny continues down her Machiavellian road to fame and fortune!
Here are Blindie’s top ten moments:
- The diminuitive character actor Wallace Shawn guest stars as Eleanor Waldorf’s new boyfriend Cyrus Rose, and he just happens to be artist Aaron Rose’s father. We love that Blair has to chant “I am Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly is me,” in order to tolerate his brashness and hugs.
- Jenny’s partner in fashion crime Agnes, played by Willa Holland, parties way more than she works and practically sabotages their investor meetings by arguing over creative control of the clothing line.
- Serena is seduced by artsy Aaron Rose with text messages and maps leading to romantic places like the Cloisters. And despite Blair’s warning Serena poses for his art installation only to find out that she is just another muse in his painter’s palette of pretty girls. We have to admit the Times Square Jumbotron kiss was romantic!
- Bart Bass doesn’t have time for his son Chuck but agrees to have Dan Humphrey shadow him for two days a week to learn the business. Bart even invites Dan to the Rangers’ hockey game that Chuck gave him tickets for as an anniversary gift!
- Cyndi Lauper shows up at Blair’s birthday party and even the maid Dorota is starstruck! We are loving Cyndi’s new song Bring Ya To The Brink!
- Dan was ready to sell his soul and his story about Chuck Bass’ love starved childhood and the secret to Bart Bass’ fortune -insurance collected on an arsoned midtown building in the mid-1980s, but then his conscious kicks in, again!
- Jenny ditches party girl Agnes and sets up her own contract deal, but when Agnes finds out she goes ballistic dumps Jenny’s dresses in the grabage and like Angela Bassett in Waiting To Exhale lights it on fire!
- Blair has lunch with her mom’s new boyfriend Cyrus in an attempt to learn some incriminating information on him and ultimately breaks up the relationship. When Cyndi Lauper shows up, Blair has a “change of heart” (that was a Cyndi Lauper reference folks!) and tries to patch things up, only to realize that Cyrus was manipulating her too!
- Bart Bass finally has a heart to heart talk with Chuck and admits that he doesn’t blame him for his mother’s death but finds it hard to get close to Chuck because he is always reminded of her.
- Jenny Humphrey is homeless again when Agnes kicks her out! Good thing she’s about to get emancipated from her parents so she can sign those big fashion contracts on her own.
PHOTO CREDIT: Giovanni Rufino / The CW