It was down to the wire as Jerell, Kenley, Korto and Leanne battled it out for the chance to show at Bryant Park. They each designed a dress inspired by flowers they saw at the New York Botanical Garden and then proceeded to throw each other under the proverbial bus.
Here are Blindie’s best moments:
- Kenley and Leanne aren’t talking to each other. “I’m not interested in even pretending I like her,” Kenley says as she blames Leanne for not representing her design properly on the runway in the last episode.
- We love that Jerell is the last man standing! Not counting his little fruit friends, Joe and Suede.
- Korto is reminded of her mother’s garden in Africa when visiting the Botanical Garden and declares, “I think I’m gonna win this one for my momma!”
- Kenley misplaces her bag of tulle and everyone takes glee in watching her scramble to find it. “I refuse to assist her in any way,” Jerell says as both he and Korto stingily hoard their material.
- After testifying “in the name of Jesus, I am going to Bryant Park!” in the last episode, we were not surprised to see Korto reading her bible!
- Kenley’s “purple-zilla costume” of a dress is ripped to shreds by everyone: “What is she thinking?…this tube dress with scales,” Jerell says and Nina Garcia says “it looks like a reptile but not in a good way – it looks creepy.”
- Korto disappointed us with an uncharacteristically cliched, and pageant styled dress.
- Kenley breaks down in tears, after dishing a big heap of attitude to the judges, and gushes “I feel like I’ve been fighting my way through life…it’s a force of habit.” She even apologizes to the judges!
- Jerell, and Leanne throw Kenley under the bus -with both hands!– as they tell the judges why she shouldn’t show at Bryant Park, citing her tired 1950s style.
- At some point in the show each designer breaks down in tears!
- Heidi Klum, Michael Kors and Nina Garcia tell Kenley off for her “flippant and smug” attitude and defensiveness. “It’s a little bit annoying,” Heidi says.
- Jerell wins again! Heidi describes his design style as “elegant edge.”
- Korto tells Kenley off for trying to throw her under the bus! Hello? It was Jerell and Leanne who pesonally attacked your style not Korto. Why would you choose Jerell and Leanne as the two other designers to take to Bryant Park? Korto has a child, a husband, a deferred dream and Jesus, she is going to Bryant Park!
- Tim Gunn hugs it out with the designers backstage and tells Kenley to “let bygones be bygones” – but Kenley wants nothing to do with the group hug!
- And the twist -no one is out! All four designers get to go home and create a line for another round of judging!